IW Tremont Hydrophobic PTFE Membrane Syringe Filters
IW Tremont hydrophobic PTFE membrane syringe filters are high-quality and cost-effective with a broad range of membrane diameters and porosities. They are fully disposable and available in both pre-sterilized and non-sterile packaging options. The syringe filter housing is manufactured with high-purity, virgin polypropylene with no pigments or dyes added. For added reliability, the syringe filter housing is ulrasonically bonded together to prevent any cracking or leakage. The filter membrane type "PTFE" is also clearly inscribed on the barrel of the housing for quick identification.
Hydrophobic PTFE Membrane Features:
- Ideal for the filtration of nonpolar liquids and gases.
- Superior chemical resistance to aggressive chemicals like solvents, acids and bases.
- Can easily be made hydrophilic by simply flushing with alcohol, followed by a water rinse.
- Permits optimal utilization of small sample volumes
- Ideal for aerosol sampling
- Filter viscous organic based HPLC samples