Cytiva's Whatman™ EluTrap™ Horizontal Gel Electrophoresis Elution System
The Elutrap™ System by Whatman is designed to isolate nucleic acids and proteins from agarose or polyacrylamide gel slices by electroelution. Samples are purified with excellent recovery into volumes as low as 200µL without requiring sample pretreatment or special buffers.The Elutrap™ System can be used with most horizontal gel electrophoresis chambers. The Elutrap™ Electrophoresis Chamber allows for the most efficient flow of current through the device and can be used for up to four samples simultaneously.
Assembly of the Elutrap™ System is very easy. Gel slices are placed in the middle of the Elutrap™ device, which is then placed into a horizontal electrophoresis chamber. Molecules migrate from the gel slice into a trap area formed by the Elutrap™ BT1 and BT2 membranes. The membrane placement is adjustable which allows final elution trap volumes to be optimized for the particular assay. The Elutrap™ System can also be used for concentration of dilute solutions.
Features and benefits:
- Versatile horiztontal gel electrophoresis system can be used for both nucleic acids and proteins.
- Purifies nucleic acids 14 bp to 150 Kb (Proteins larger than 3 to 5 kD)
- No salt cushions or special buffers required for elution
- Adjustable trap allows optimization of final sample volume
- Electrophoresis chamber holds up to four Elutrap™ devices simultaneously